Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ALL ABOUT ME

HEY GUYS!

I am sure most you you guys know me by now but I just wanted to write a short profile!  Many of you are confused on whether I am a designer, stylist, hairstylist, or make up artist.

Well.....


I am all FOUR!
A few people had asked me why my blog has such a wide range of subjects and all I tell them is that I write about what I know.  Lets just say I keep myself super busy!


I started teaching myself to sew at the age of 12.  
During that time, I was also very interested in doing hair, using my mom and sister and mannequins. 
 They didn't like that very much but they let me play sometimes.  HAH!

I started taking Fashion Design classes during my Junior and Senior year of high school. Launching my first collection at the age of 17,  I  could only afford to use my friends as models, and of course, I did their hair and make up for each fashion show!  

Upon graduation from school,  I worked with many designers and have had my own personal designs worn on TMZ.com, the Real housewives of DC, and Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.  

This was my DREAM and my PASSION but MOM and DAD thought I should think of getting a back up job that would pay the bills.  I hate being an adult by the way!

I attended college for two years but hated what I did.  The same routine everyday:
8:00 am      wake up
9:00 am        class 1
11:30 am      class 2
1:30 pm          work 
7:00 pm        class 3
9:00 pm           Sew
12:00 am         Sleep

I came home with a MIGRAINE EVERYDAY! It was horrible!

So I told Mom and Dad I am going to hair school.  They were hesitant but I was SURE! I told them that if I were to get stuck with something other than fashion,  I would like to be stuck doing something I love. That was the best decision I ever made.
 I was still designing and launched my first full collection while I was in cosmetology school... and then my second collection.
(I was doing this while working two separate part time jobs)


From Hair school I fell in love with Make up and now I am pursuing 
to become a Professional Make Up artist.



I am a Man of Many Trades...also I cant sit still.  what can I say? hahaha
There is the story of my life.  Well kinda.

Thanks for reading





That is all,

Nam Nguyen
NHCNguyen101@gmail.com


FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM! 

FASHIONAM








No comments:

Post a Comment